Mask Network is a portal that enables users to access Web3 services via traditional social media. More specifically, users can send encrypted messages, trade cryptocurrencies, and even interact with DeFi and NFTs over Web2 social networks like Twitter and Instagram.
Mask Network was initially launched in July 2019, with its first use case of allowing Facebook and Twitter users to encrypt posts on social media platforms. It then raised $2 million in a funding round in November 2020, co-led by HashKey and Hash Global, and a further $3 million funding round in February 2021 with participation from Digital Currency Group and Fundamental Labs. In Feb 2021, Mask Network introduced $MASK token and announced its Public Twitter Offering. By installing the Mask browser extension users can participate in ITO and claim the airdrop. 3 million token is distributed to ITO participants.
Now, Mask Network has integrated with networks, including Ethereum mainnet, BNB Chain, Polygon, Arbitrum, xDai/Gnosis, Fantom, Solana, Avalanche, Aurora, Flow, etc. Meanwhile, it is cooperating with crypto-related projects (e.g. CoinMarketCap, Uniswap, Arweave) to create a decentralized Applet (DApplet) ecosystem.
The services of Mask Network
According to the disclosure, the services of Mask Network can be separated into four aspects:
- Set the NFT you owned as your Twitter Profile Avatar
- Customize Twitter page: Set up a Web3 Tab & create an NFT gallery
- Purchase or bid for NFTs via OpenSea or Rarible on Twitter
- See the latest offer of a Tweet NFT by Valuables Plugin
- MaskBox sale
Personal Finance / DeFi Features
- Trade cryptos on Twitter via Uniswap, Sushi, 0x (Support ETH, BSC, Polygon, Arbitrum)
- Check crypto info on Twitter (Support CoinGecko, CoinMarketCap)
- Invest in your favourite fund manager via dHEDGE on Twitter (ETH and Polygon)
- Cultivate a weekly saving habit via GoodGhosting on Twitter (Polygon only)
- Participate in lossless lottery via PoolTogether on Twitter (ETH and Polygon)
- Launch an ITO (Initial Twitter Offering) (Support ETH, BSC, Polygon, Arbitrum)
- Participate in ITO (Initial Twitter Offering) (Support ETH, BSC, Polygon, Arbitrum)
Broader Web 3.0 Features
- Send Encrypted Tweets
- Gift token/NFTs to friends (Support ETH, BSC and Polygon)
- Cast a Snapshot vote
- Use File Service via Arweave (IPFS, SIA, Swarm soon)
- Make a quick Gitcoin Grant donation
- Claim tokens (from ITO/Airdrop) (Support ETH and Polygon)
Switch Network & Cross Chain
- MultiChain - Switch networks
- Use the Polygon Bridge to convert from Ethereum Mainnet between Polygon
- Convert $MASK from ERC20 to BEP20
$MASK is the native governance token of MaskDAO. The DAO is made of $MASK holders responsible for making decisions on all matters related to $MASK and the parameters and usage of the fund in Reserve. MASK token holders vote by staking their token on proposal contracts during the voting period. $MASK also serves as an incentive to facilitate governance. Only $MASK that has been locked in governance for the past seven days before a proposal voting session can be used to cast a vote during the voting period. Each $MASK represents one vote.